Pests can be a huge problem at any time of the year. It can damage your home and gardens when they are left unattended. That is why it is most important to address any pest infestation you have observed or seen in your home.
Different species of pests can penetrate your house. Aside from the damage they may cause, they are carriers of diseases that can harm you, your family, and pets.
Pests like fleas multiply fast if you have pets. They can also live on your beddings, carpets, or yard. They bite you when they get in contact with you.
Flea bites can cause an allergic reaction or a secondary infection. An antihistamine cream and spray may get rid of the itchiness the bites cause. There are home remedies as well.
Any pest infestations such as fleas should be addressed immediately. The use of insecticides may be a viable option to treat the areas of the house where the infestation takes place.
Precor 2000 Plus is a fogger which is an insect growth regulator that can help with your flea dilemma.
Why Use Precor 2000 Plus Fogger IGR?
Precor Plus Fogger is designed for indoor use to treat large spaces. It is well-suited for professional flea control in hard-to-treat areas.
This product features dual active ingredients. (1) 0.58% Permethrin provides quick knockdown of adult fleas, and (2) the insect growth regulator (IGR) 0.09% (S)-Methoprene, which prevents pre-adult fleas from creating new infestations.
When the foam of Precor Plus dissipates, a solid residue of the active ingredient is left on the treated site. This ensures a prolonged residual effect.
It is a water-based pesticide with low concentration which makes it applicable for sensitive sites. It can be used to treat hollow sites and pipes where application with liquid pesticides is difficult.
Applications of Precor 2000 Plus Fogger IGR
- Vacuum thoroughly before fogging. To ensure unobstructed flow of fogger mist, open inside doors and cabinets.
- Remove or cover exposed food, dishes, utensils, food preparation equipment, and surfaces. Close outside doors and windows. Remove all motor vehicles before fogging the garage.
- Shake well before using.
- Elevate fogger by placing on a stand or table covered by newspaper in the center of the room to be fogged.
- Spread newspapers on the floor for several feet around the area of release.
- Before activating, tilt the can away from the face (container sprays straight up).
- Press down firmly on the edge of the actuator tab until it locks into place.
- After activating the fogger, leave the room or house at once.
- Use enclosed Door Hang Tag to mark the time when re-entry is permitted (at least two hours after the start time).
- Do not re-enter for 2 hours.
- Air out the room before entering.
- Keep the treated area closed for at least two hours, then open all doors and windows, and allow the treated area to air for two hours before returning.
Benefits of Using Precor 2000 Plus Fogger IGR
Precor Plus Fogger contains 0.09% (S)-Methoprene, an insect growth regulator (IGR). These molecules migrate deep into the base of carpets and upholstery. Such molecules have been used for more than 35 years by pest control and public health professionals to prevent fleas from developing into nuisance breeding, biting adult insects. It provides extended residual action for up to seven months of preventive control of fleas.
Methoprene is an insect growth regulator (IGR). IGRs are among the safest flea treatments because they mimic insect hormones (chemicals made by the insect itself, which appear not to affect people or pets. They work by disrupting the normal development of flea eggs and larvae.
Treating pest infestations is always a tricky job. If you need an extensive guide in dealing with pests, contact Pest Guide now!
Precautions in Using Precor 2000 Plus
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
To use this product correctly:
- Do not use multiple foggers per room.
- Do not use in small confined spaces such as closets, cabinets, or under counters, cabinets, or tables. Use of a fogger in an enclosed space may cause the product to explode, resulting in injury to people or property damage.
- Do not use in a room 5ft x 5ft or smaller; instead, allow fog to enter from other rooms.
- Unplug and turn off all ignition sources such as pilot lights (shut off gas valves), other open flames, or running electrical appliances that cycle off and on, like refrigerators, thermostats, etc. Call your gas utility or management company if you need assistance with your pilot lights.
PRO TIP :
“Using pesticides is not completely without side effects and risks. If unsure on how to treat a pest infestation, always contact a professional exterminator.”
FAQs for Precor 2000 Plus Fogger IGR
How soon can I start mopping the floor and wiping the walls after the bombing?
You can start mopping the floor and wiping the walls after ventilating the area for more than half an hour. You should only enter the treated area two to four hours after fogging. Then let natural air ventilate the area for 30 minutes. It is recommended that you stay out of the area until it has had time to try before you mop the floor and wipe the walls.
Do I have to turn off pilot lights before using this pesticide?
Yes, you should turn off the pilot lights when using the pesticide. Foggers are highly flammable in nature. They have aerosol propellants that release their contents at once to fumigate an area. These propellants are flammable, and it may cause a fire or explosion when not used properly.
How long should I keep my pets out of the house?
Pets should be out of the treated house during the treatment until it is done. Typically, you can bring them inside after two hours, or once the area has been ventilated enough.